Proposal and Annotated Bibliography and Reflection Paper

proposal

Luca Ramgarib

Reflection paper for Proposal and Annotated Bibliography

In the creation of any project the developing process can be difficult. There are very difficult to figure out the topic for your assignment, to find sources and details to backup your claim, even figure out where to figure out where to place the details can be difficult. The assignment I had to do was write about this photographer what they did, and provide a research question. The first difficulty that the assignment presented itself with was finding a question to ask, and the details to backup the question.

The assignment I had to do was a proposal involving a famous photographer, Dorothea Lange. We were given the task of coming up with a question for research. I came up with the question “how did Dorothea Lange use her works to implement changes in society”. At first I did not know how to approach this question and thought I might have to change my question. One main reason why I was so worried about this was the fact that I did not know much about Lange, and I did not want to start an essay without knowing more on the subject. That is where the research problems came into play.

During the research phase I was presented with tons of difficulties. I did not know where to start, do I research her famous works?, do I look at her life story?, or do I look for what did actually did?. These were some of the questions that I faced while researching her. Then i realized that I needed to research all of them to fully grasp an understanding of Dorothea Lange’s work, style, and goals. It took lots of late nights to find exactly what I needed for this paper. That was one reason why the draft was a little late because I realized that it did not make sense to put together something that I did not know and put random facts to pass it off as good. I did not like to start a paper, especially a research paper without at least three strong sources.

One thing that really helped in a huge way was the feedback for Professor Brown, and my peers. A person can look at there paper for hours and find no mistakes, however an extra pair of eyes can go a long way for making a decent paper into a good or great paper. The feedback showed me what I needed to focus on and what I can leave out. After a lot of review it have been brought to my attention that I needed to be specific on my details and how it relates to my topic or question.

This assignment was not one of my best works because after the paper was due i found some great sources that would have been perfect and even better for my topic. I will take the faults I made for this assignment and use it in my future tasks, such as the paper we have to do for Professor Handy. The hardest thing to do in a paper such as this one was the research, for myself at least. The source have to be credible and reliable, and most important it have to relate to your topic or otherwise you will have random information for nothing. Theses are important skills that i took form this assignment to better my writing and to better my future projects.